Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Why I Don't Wanna Compete with HE SR Nathan



Yes, that's the real reason. I'm not going to wait for the Presidential Election Committee or whatever foodcourt auntie to tell me that I'm not eligible because I only earn 7% worth of peanuts. I have decided to end my presidential dreams (for now) and let the old man do the running by himself. After all, he has proven himself to be a regular fixture at the East Coast Parkway.

The real reason why I don't wanna run for Presidency is because I'm just appalled by the ugly and meaningless symbols given for eligible candidates to choose. There're - amongst other things - a helicopter, sunflower, satellite, an outstretched hand (taken by Andrew what-ever-his-surname-is). They did not have a hamster symbol or a turtle symbol. If they had, I would have reconsidered.

I'm sorry fellow countrymen, now I cannot join you all for all the wonderful dinners and openings that you would have invited me for. Perhaps next time.

2 comments:

moby sky said...

damn. oh well...i guess you should just stick to your biathlons and triathlons. if only you could win those by default. hahahaha.

Chelonia Munnster said...

whoa... that'll be the day when triathlons can be won by... WALKOVER!