Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

I have this strange feeling that someone wants my vote


I've lived in Upper Thomson for the last 16 years. That's more than half my lifetime thus far. All these years, I've lived in my little world and I'm not too bothered by which constituency I belong to. Through these years, I think my political boundary has changed a few times. In effect, I've become desensitized to the eaxctly which GRC my estate belongs to.

Yesterday - after staying at Upper Thomson for 16 long years - I was finally reminded that my MP is Mr LHK, and that I belong to the Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC.

How I know?

I received "The Thomsoners Today" newsletter at the lift landing area of my estate.

I scanned half of it - this type of thing I don't dare to play play. What if I scan the whole thing and someone sues me? (psst... I heard that one of the MPs for this GRC is a top-notch lawyer leh... even $600k peanut boy kena from him before).

The front page shows our MP "Serving Residents". Wah biang eh, I don't even know how he looks like! (okay, now I know coz his face is everywhere in the newsletter). I wonder when he's gonna pay me a visit coz I would like to highlight that I'm only getting 7% of a peanut.

Anyway, I found the newsletter rather amusing. I kept thinking to myself "You mean there are actually so many Thomsoners who participate in these activities?", "Wow, our MP gets invited to so many events.... being MP can get so much free makan at these events!"

But I really admire MPs. No, no... I'm not trying to carry balls here. But seriously, it really takes quite alot of guts and willpower to meet the people on the ground. I've heard that the MPs have to tahan the most mundane questions from their weekly meet-the-people sessions and they are expected to solve everyone's problems. Yes, even those questions pertaining to the Relativity of Peanuts.

No comments: