Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Is it just here, or is public perception wrong?

Thanks to the powers of the media, there have been quite some coverage on the public service keeping up with the private sector in terms of pay and remuneration. I've had many friends and relatives thinking that since I have a niche job, I would be earning a substantial salary.

Sorry folks. On the contrary: I don't even get peanut shells.

While I'm not publicly revealing my salary for the sake of NOT embarrassing myself and the industry I'm in, I'd just want to say that public service is paying ALOT more than what I'm getting.

So public perception is definitely wrong in this aspect - not all private companies pay better.

Now... is it just where I'm working, or is it true across the board for similar companies in the industry?

No comments: