Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thanks

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for the well wishes and congratulatory messages.

I would like to return my sincere and heartfelt thanks to everyone who has inspired me one way or another. It would be crazy for me to list out everybody's names, coz indeed, EVERYONE has a part to play. Being an inspiration has got to start somewhere, and this is usually when we first get inspired by others. It's a vicious cycle, really.

Therefore, this one goes out to you - who truly inspired himself/herself before getting the bug to inspire others. We are all like-minded athletes in our own right, and we've all come so far in doing the impossible when it comes to self-motivation, self-discipline, and inspiring even the most unlikeliest couch potato in our midst.

We have at least once in our lifetime come to grips in answering questions like "What do I want to do in my life", or "Damn I look fat, and I wanna do something!". It is these thoughts that are the impetus to bend down and tie our shoelaces and... go for that short jog.

Sometimes we are inspired by people around us "You mean that fat dude just completed a marathon? Sure or not?" We were once skeptics, but we've certainly crossed that hurdle and we aim for longer distances.

And that's because we know that WE CAN.

And by doing so, we can inspire others around us. So what if I'm fat? Are you doubting my abilities? Have you tried it yourself? Let's take a run together. It's not a challenge nor competition about who's faster, stronger or fitter. It's to show them the satisfaction of crossing that finishing line. I call it EDUCATION: to show them how it feels to compete with yourself.

If I can do it, so can you!

Thanks everyone! and.... don't stop pushing!

No comments: