Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Water Fiesta @ Queenstown


Alright. I signed up for this easy peasy sprint biathlon only because I don't exactly have the time to put on the training this year. I already signed up for Singapore Biathlon on March 1, so I needed some kind of yardstick to benchmark my training distances. By completing the Water Fiesta, at least I know I can train longer distances towards the OD biathlon. (Actually not that I'd like to boast, but can do it lah. It's just a self-consolation that 'I'm still able to do the distance).

Anyway, the race was a 15 lap pool swim followed by a 12 lap run around the Queenstown Stadium track. Total distance adds up to 750m swim and 5km run (the extra 200m is made up during transition).

Total time: 53min.

Slow... but steady. Can do faster lah.. but doing laps and running round and round and round the track was one super boring race! haha.... Overall it was a fun race coz of the atmosphere. No pressure! :)



No comments: