Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gooooooooooood Morning, Vietnam!


Woke up this morning at 5:45am local time to catch sunrise (I always do that when I'm in foreign countries; just so I can experience how the city wakes up).

The roads were rather quiet from the obvious lack of incessant horning and honking. The sky was still dark. I decided to lug my cameraphone and diary to the cafe for the complimentary hotel breakfast buffet spread. The cafe is on the 8th floor, and I reckon the Tray Hotel must be one of the tallest, if not the tallest, building in Hai Phong. I could look out the cafe window and see a sea of 2-3 storey houses; as far as the eyes could see.

Sun rose, but it was overcast, and spectacular sunrise was amiss. The honking and horning came together with the first rays of sunlight; almost like clockwork. Typical morning = Sunrise + Honking.

Anyway, took couple of shots of the port city and had a hearty pho (vietnamese rice noodles) breakfast and vietnamese coffee.
I'm now getting ready to pack and check-out of Tray Hotel. It's a splendid hotel. Gonna meet the higher officials this morning for a presentation, then back to Hanoi.

Till then... ...




No comments: