Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bucking Up!

I went for the Trifam swim session last night after almost a hiatus of 2 years. It's now temporarily held at the Buona Vista Swimming Pool coz the regular one at Bukit Timah campus is undergoing renovation.

There were only 6 of us training - Julzz, Lloyd, Dion, Teryn, Yanglyn, myself. Perhaps it was because of the continuous rainfall we've been having in Singapore. The weather is also kinda chilly at 23C, so it wasn't really a welcoming condition to head down for some pool sessions.

Nevertheless, the skies took a brief break between 7pm and 8pm, and I took the opportunity to train with the boys again.

It's been awhile. Perhaps it was the cold weather.

Whatever it was, the supposed 15x100m sets were tiring! I only managed 10 sets. I was out of breath very fast. But we still completed the 100m in less than 2 minutes, averaging some 1min 40sec each set. It was fast.

Very shagged, but if I continue to train with them, I should be able to get back to easy sub-30min timing for my 1500m swims.

No comments: