Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Poon Choy Diaries - Part Two

I woke up this morning to the fragrant smell of last night's preparation. Yum yum......

then I decided I'd add some tofu and fatt choy into last night's cauldron of yummy stuff. Then I covered the heated pot in the vacuum container and went off for church.

I came home and started on Part Two proper. Let the layering begin! First layer: the mixture of yummy stuff, but I drained off the gravy.

The I blanched some broccoli, and added the vegetable on top of the mixture (that's the 2nd layer, btw)

Ahhh... 3rd layer consists of fish maw. I crisscrossed them for the heck of it.

Then I opened a can of pacific clams and a can of razor clams; bathed them in boiling water for a couple of minutes, then formed the 4th layer of goodies.

The 5th layer was more fatt choy (a kind of seaweed that looks like hair)... and voila, my version of Poon Choy (aka Munn Choy).

Gonna bring it to grandma's house for the reunion dinner. But before everyone tucks in, I'd have to prepare the gravy......

Stay tuned for the final installment of... The Poon Choy Diaries!


No comments: