Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Running hills can be key to improving performance

My calves were screaming and my quads felt like jelly. My shoulders felt as though I was lugging a fully loaded ALICE pack. If my HRM was working properly, I won't be surprised it would've read 95%.

That was how I felt DURING the run yesterday. Today, I'm feeling kinda tired, but I'm still going for the flat 10km in East Coast.

Am I normal? Am I unfit?

Okay, I managed to find some 'feel-good' articles on Hill Running and its benefits:

"Running Hills Can Be Key to Improving Performance" by the American Running Association

"Everything You Need to Know About Hill Training" by Runner's World, UK

Looks like I'm on the right road to building stamina and power.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend, glad to hear you are pounding the asphalt too. Anyway, build your mileage first, before thinking of attacking the hills or doing speed workout. Like everything else, you need to build foundation first. Cheers, SC5 ;P