Join Me for Next Training

New Year Resolution for 2008: Swim faster, Run longer, maybe return to cycling.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

One Minute on a Typical Street in Hanoi

Thought I'd share with everyone the road user behaviour in Hanoi. As a traffic engineer, I look at such 'anomalies' and research on the best ways to improve future conditions. I took this video on my recent business trip to North Vietnam.

This is a typical traffic junction in Hanoi. Organised chaos - my cup of tea! haha... Listen to the incessant honking. Observe the carefree (and finer)ways of crossing a busy street. Check out the cyclist crossing the street towards the end of the video. It's a traffic engineer's delight! Just one minute's worth of footage, and you'll understand the conditions in Hanoi.

Chuc Mung Nam Moi!

No comments: